Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [29M] have lost all of my savings because my wife [28F] decided to stop helping me pay bills and my salary decrease by half this year. What should I do?

I work as a salesperson at a construction materials company and was clearing over 110k a year for the past 3 years while my wife was making around 60k a year. Throughout those years we would go 50/50 on all house bills and I would pay for anything else to maintain or lifestyle: trips, restaurants, Hulu, Netflix, dog bills, literally everything else.

About 6 months ago she just decided to stop helping me with the house bills which is around the same time my salary went from 110kish to 72k because of a construction materials shortage. I am no longer able to hit my budget which drastically affected my salary. I didn’t say anything because I feel like I should be paying the bills but now it’s starting to hurt and I have seen my savings dwindle to 0. I can no longer maintain our lifestyle just with my salary and I am not sure how to approach this situation. We don’t have car debt. We don’t have credit card debt. We don’t have school debt. We just have our mortgage and our rental property mortgage which gets paid for by our tenants.

She wants to setup trips oversees but I just can’t handle those expenses right now. She also wants to buy her mom a car with all the money she has been saving and I don’t want to take that away from her because her mom helped her all her life.

I have also been doing all of the cooking and cleaning and I just feel like I’m doing everything in this relationship. It’s taking a toll on my mental health.

How should I proceed?

TLDR: wife used to help 50/50 with house bills while I paid for everything else. My salary went from 110k to 70k and she stop helping at the same time. Our lifestyle is costing me all of my savings. Now sure how to talk to her about it.



Submitted September 14, 2022 at 06:46PM by Toxicwifeproblems https://ift.tt/gKaA7Dy
I [29M] have lost all of my savings because my wife [28F] decided to stop helping me pay bills and my salary decrease by half this year. What should I do? I [29M] have lost all of my savings because my wife [28F] decided to stop helping me pay bills and my salary decrease by half this year. What should I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 15, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.