Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

34m and need some guidance with my fiance

I need some guidance here as I recently got engaged. Currently dating for over 3 years. We do almost everything together. Recently a good of mine friend welcomed twins and I contributed $400 dollars towards the baby registry.

This morning I told my fiance about the contributions and as courtesy I told my friend it's from us and now his wife wants to say thank you to my fiance. Fance gets upset that I should have run it through her because we always talk about everything. I told her that there are things I don't have to run by you but as a courtesy I will let you know like this situation.

The $400 is not from our joint account or joint expense account since we both maintain separate account after expenses. I told her I have my own financial identity and if it doesn't affect you or our finance or the relationship then I should be able to do things on my own but I will let you know as a courtesy.

I'm a bit lost here because I don't know how to apologize to her to mend things and I will likely do this again because I feel the need to still maintain my own financial identity without my SO as long as there is no impact financially to us. I understand we do everything together like she said but there are also things we will not do together and this is one of them. Should I have just told my friend it was coming from only me and not my fiance and I? Will I still be in this same situation because I would still not run it by her. Not sure why this should be a bit issue. How do I navigate this issue going forward?

TLDR- Do you run everything through your SO or give courtesy?



Submitted September 18, 2022 at 02:40PM by Easy_Log_8797 https://ift.tt/stAPbiy
34m and need some guidance with my fiance 34m and need some guidance with my fiance Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 19, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.