Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Parents giving ultimatum between them or college with girlfriend

Me (m19) and my girlfriend (f18), been together for almost 2 years, recently applied to college and both have offers in the same city, we both started looking for somewhere to rent, as it’s quite dire and people are roomsharing etc since costs are so high where it is.

Me and my gf thought it would be wise not just for our happiness sake but for money reasons if we found a room/ small apartment and split it amongst ourselves. That way no wasting transport to see eachother and more time together, can help eachother with assignments, having someone I know in the city, general reasons.

I brought this up to my mum, saying I think it would be the best idea for saving money and that I would like to be with my girlfriend to be happy, but she took this very offensively, getting very mad, shouting roaring saying it’s very stupid, and wants me to get a room alone. Even if it costs a lot more. Due to my mum not working and a large family we are entitled to a grant that pays off my college fees, she uses this against me saying if I move in with my girlfriend she will cut off everything with me and disown me, my father is also agreeing with my mother and is also very aggressively against this,

Forward a day after this argument , my mother has booked student accomodation for me myself, while I was working, and barely consulting me besides asking for information over text, and has paid a desposit saying there’s no going back now, and now my girlfiend is left looking for a room herself. In this city where it’s very hard to find places and even so it’s very expensive.

She has gone as far to say to me to write of a piece of paper that I am not moving in with her for college,

My girlfriends family are ok with the thought of us moving in together, however my mother and father threaten if I do so I am disowned and they will try cut off my grant.

What do you think and should I lose the deposit etc? Anyone have any advice what to do in this situation

TL:DR : Parents say if I move in with my girlfriend for college they will disown me due to their belief it is stupid



Submitted September 14, 2022 at 03:50PM by Decent-Ad-9617 https://ift.tt/mVzr5kT
Parents giving ultimatum between them or college with girlfriend Parents giving ultimatum between them or college with girlfriend Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 15, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.