Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I think my (24f) boyfriend (29m) is going to propose but he's acting strange

(Names have been changed)

I've been thinking about making this post for over a month now and need some advice. Sorry if this is long but I have to get it all off my chest.

Backstory: I moved for work last year to our capital city and while living there I met a nice guy, Jason. He was actually from the same area as me so we bonded over that. He came back to my hometown to meet my parents and my brother (George) after we'd been dating for a few months. It was nice because he went to college with my brother's girlfriend (Chloe) so they knew of each other. My job ended up relocating me back closer to home so Jason and I have been long distance for the last five months.

Actual dilemma: I went down to visit him about a month and a half ago now and spend the weekend with him. He had to run out for a few hours because of work so I was home alone. We'd been talking about clearing out a drawer for when I stay over (normally once a month) so I got to doing that while Jason was out.

While I was clearing out a drawer I came across a ring box buried deep in one of his drawers. Obviously I had to open it and saw a ring inside. I instantly texted my brother, George, and speculated that Jason might be planning to propose. George was a bit hesitant as Jason and I have only been together less than a year so he was worried it was a bit fast. I did agree it was a bit fast but I was still excited. That was until after I got off the phone and really looked at the ring. It's not my style AT ALL. I like white gold and classic looking rings while this one is gold, has coloured stones and is really unusual looking. Not what I thought Jason would pick out for me at all. The ring box was also worn so I'm guessing it's a vintage ring or secondhand? I know it's shallow but I thought he'd pick out a really nice ring for me.

I put that to the back of my mind and waited to see what happened. He didn't propose that weekend and hadn't even brought up marriage when we've talked on the phone. He seems kind of distant but I think this is because he's really busy with work. I've tried talking to Chloe about it as they used to be friends but she's just shrugged it off, saying that Jason is probably just stressed. Chloe travels to the city a lot for her own job and I'm really tempted to ask her if she can try talking to Jason. I know they were friends in college and they're friendly now so I'm sure she could find something out .

It's our anniversary in two weeks but we're celebrating a week early because Jason has to work. This would be the perfect time for him to propose but until I've got Chloe to talk to him, I really don't know what's going to happen.

Any advice on what I could do?

EDIT BECAUSE PEOPLE SEEM STUCK OF THIS: ITS NOT ABOUT THE RING. ITS AVOUT HIM ACTING WEIRD LIKE ALWAYS BEING BUSY AND NOT CALLING ME AS MUCH AS HE USED TO!!???!!!!

EDIT 2: I text Chloe to ask about his ex because I thought she would know and all she responded with was "Why are you asking about Jason's ex?" so I told her about the ring and now she's not responding to my messages. This is all so confusing. I tried calling Jason but he's at a work thing

TLDR: Boyfriend of a year might be proposing but is acting odd.



Submitted September 26, 2022 at 02:19PM by liliacdaydream https://ift.tt/opQ1aJU
I think my (24f) boyfriend (29m) is going to propose but he's acting strange I think my (24f) boyfriend (29m) is going to propose but he's acting strange Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 27, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.