Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm [30M] embarrassed by my mom [60F] and my dad [72M] for not taking care of themselves. Is this normal, or okay?

As they get older I just realize they are degrading into shells of who they used to be. They no longer care about their health, and my mom is facing the consequences of decades of alcohol abuse, unchecked mental illnesses like bulimia. My dad, despite encouragement from me, does not exercise, smokes, and basically just sits home and watches the same shows and movies all day. Dementia runs in our family, so I suspect he may be setting himself up for dementia.

There's a lot more, but this embarrassment just stems from them not giving a shit anymore. I dunno if this is normal or what, but just thought I'd post my thoughts and ask if any of you feel this way towards your family? Or how I should be dealing with this? Thanks.

TL;DR – My family doesn't care about their health and I'm embarrassed. What do I do?



Submitted November 26, 2020 at 02:32PM by keyworddanger https://ift.tt/3lbGA8M
I'm [30M] embarrassed by my mom [60F] and my dad [72M] for not taking care of themselves. Is this normal, or okay? I'm [30M] embarrassed by my mom [60F] and my dad [72M] for not taking care of themselves. Is this normal, or okay? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.