Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My coworkers are trying to tell me [F26] what not to do in my job bc it makes it more inconvenient for them [F??]

I work in the Activities Department of a very good long term care facility. The activities dept, for those who may not know, specializes in providing fulfilling, engaging, and fun activities for the residents to do while they're there, as mental health and stimulation is very important for longevity and happiness.

We have been on strict lockdown for a while due to a mixture of staff and resident virus cases; residents can only leave their rooms for vital things, e.g. going to dialysis, going to the hospital, etc. So we are naturally very limited in what we can do now, and some of the residents are getting very depressed. Whereas normally we would have group activities and residents can roam the halls, now the only thing we can do is go into their rooms, have a quick visit with them, offer them some snacks, etc, to try and offer them happiness and a chance for human interaction outside of just being directly cared for.

So in the mornings, one thing we usually do is go around and offer coffee, hot chocolate, and some conversation to the residents. One day, however, a CNA on one hall tried to tell me to stop offering coffee to her residents, bc it apparently makes them "shit all over the place," which was annoying to her bc it made her job more difficult. Now, every time I go down her hall, she is always telling me (in a rude tone) to me to not give them coffee. I'm kind of getting frustrated, bc it is in the purview of her job to change the residents... I'm just trying to do my job, but she is telling me not to. And granted, my job obviously isn't only giving out coffee and hot coco, but it's what we do in the mornings. And I know it can be gross to deal with residents having blowouts, but again, it's her job. And I'm just trying to do mine.

I'm just wondering how to deal with this... we are in completely different departments so I wouldn't know who to go to with this. The residents love getting coffee and hot coco, and she (and actually two others) are trying to keep me from giving it to them.

I dont think I am wrong for trying to give these old ass guys some happiness, they're on their way out, tbh, but it is making the job of these CNAs more difficult. I just dont know what to say to them or what to do. We are very constricted with what we, as the activities department, can do. What can I say to them? Or what can I do? I dont like being yelled at for just trying to do my job.

TLDR: people that work with me are trying to tell me what not to do in my job to make their jobs more convenient.



Submitted November 29, 2020 at 05:33PM by 941026 https://ift.tt/36m5YF1
My coworkers are trying to tell me [F26] what not to do in my job bc it makes it more inconvenient for them [F??] My coworkers are trying to tell me [F26] what not to do in my job bc it makes it more inconvenient for them [F??] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.