Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (27F) move past rehoming my cat because of my bf’s (27M) dog?

I don’t know where else to vent and I’m just really fucking sad right now. I had to leave my cat with my father because my boyfriend’s dog went after him today. I feel like I’m abandoning my fur baby and it’s not fair.

We just moved in together and we were trying to keep the cat and the dog separated and introduce them slowly (feeding them meals together through a door, only letting them view each other for brief moments at certain times, etc.) That was going well for a few weeks so we baby gated the stairs. The last few days the cat hadn’t even attempted to go downstairs and the dog hasn’t tried to get over the gate, they would just watch each other from time to time.

Today, the cat jumped over the gate and came downstairs when neither my boyfriend or I were paying attention. The dog went right for him, and if my boyfriend hadn’t grabbed him so quickly, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have attacked and tried to kill my cat. This breed of dog can have a strong prey drive, but we were hoping with some obedience training (admittedly, my bf didn’t do his research before getting this dog as a puppy 4 years ago, and then did a shit job training him), they might learn to get along and coexist.

I feel so sad and angry, but I know it’s not my boyfriend or the dog’s fault. I feel like it’s unfair that I have to leave my cat with my father when the dog is the problem. How do I move past this? It’s only been a few hours since I’ve dropped my cat off (and my dad is happy to take him, he loves the cat) but I’m still upset and sad and I don’t know what to do or how to talk to my boyfriend. Please help.

TL;DR: my boyfriend’s dog went after my cat and now I feel miserable because I had to rehome my cat. What do?



Submitted November 29, 2020 at 04:32PM by furthersky_ https://ift.tt/3lfxRmg
How do I (27F) move past rehoming my cat because of my bf’s (27M) dog? How do I (27F) move past rehoming my cat because of my bf’s (27M) dog? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.