Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (26F) boyfriend (37M) didn’t tell me he had herpes until a year of dating. Advice needed

My boyfriend and I have been together for approximately one year. Last week he revealed to me that he has herpes (HSV-1 to be exact). We have had conversations about STDs previously, and this did not come up. At this point in the relationship, we have had unprotected oral and vaginal sex.

EDIT: he has had outbreaks both orally and genitally before.

My biggest issue is that he did not tell me upfront to allow me to make an informed decision when it comes to my sexual health. Being knowledgeable on herpes/STDs in general, I would have been completely fine with taking the small risk in order to have a relationship with him. He told me after he thought he had a cold sore forming, but it was a false alarm.

He feels genuinely terrible for not telling me upfront and knows he messed up. He hasn’t had an outbreak in nearly 5 years, but that feels beyond the point to me. Other than this, he is a wonderful partner, and we haven’t had any issues.

We were debating moving in together (potentially moving across the country for a new job of his) and I don’t know if I can/should rebuild the trust enough to even contemplate moving and/or long distance.

TLDR; my boyfriend hid that he had herpes for a year. Should I try and forgive him or is that a fireable offense?



Submitted November 29, 2020 at 07:01PM by liveforthedash https://ift.tt/2Vg6qhz
My (26F) boyfriend (37M) didn’t tell me he had herpes until a year of dating. Advice needed My (26F) boyfriend (37M) didn’t tell me he had herpes until a year of dating. Advice needed Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.