Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (20F) am jealous of my friend (21F) because I feel like she knows my partner (21M) better than I do.

Hello everyone, I am a university student living in accomodation. I recently got into my first ever relationship with a guy who lives on the floor bellow me. The first two weeks of the academic year I wasn't interacting much with him and his flatmates but I ended up becoming friends with them soon after. There is a girl who is my partner's flatmate, a good friend of mine and who I feel like she knows him better than me. That can make me feel a bit jealous at times. Let me explain.

First, I feel like they understand eachother a bit better because they share a cultural background. When we all hang out together, occasionally they may bring up topics only they understand. She is also sharing a flat with him and was doing so way before I started dating him. Therefore it is logical that she may have gotten to know him a bit better because she has spent more time with him. We had recently arranged to do secret santa and it turned out I am going to be his. However, I couldn't think of what to get him that is more special than simply chocolate for example but she gave me quite a few ideas based on things she knew about him that I didn't know of.

I am aware that it makes sense for her to know him better because of the reasons mentioned above and I think that both of them are amazing people. I do however find myself getting a bit jealous that they get to spend more time together, since they live on the same flat, which resulted in her knowing a few more things about him. I am not sure how to handle my own (slight) jealousy. I don't want this feeling to reach a dangerous level because it could ruin the good relationship I have with both of them!

TL;DR I am requesting for advice to help me overcome jealousy in my first relationship.



Submitted November 26, 2020 at 01:15PM by theop00 https://ift.tt/3mobsnW
I (20F) am jealous of my friend (21F) because I feel like she knows my partner (21M) better than I do. I (20F) am jealous of my friend (21F) because I feel like she knows my partner (21M) better than I do. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.