Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (29M) have started exercising and my wife (28F) has been unsupportive

Wife and I have been together eleven years. We've always been homebodies, sedentary types. Never played sports or in shape or anything like that. Well, around March or April I switched from a long commute to WFH and so I thought I'd try getting into exercise with my extra time. During this time my wife was working from home too and I asked if she wanted to join me. She said no way. Which was disappointing but not a big deal, I could do this alone. For those couple months that we were working from home together, she was always snide whenever I talked about exercise or got ready to do so. Made little statements like calling me Rocky or asking if I was going to try out for the NFL. Eventually she went back to the office and I have still been WFH. so now I exercise when she's not at home, and during the weekend, I do so when she's asleep. I don't bring it up anymore either. She knows I'm still doing it, I've gotten fitter, but she hasn't once commented on it or even noticed.

I'm wondering if I should talk about this with her or just let sleeping dogs lie. She never tried to stop me, but maybe she just doesn't want the reminder. Looking for perspective


tl;dr: wife was snide when I started exercising. Now I hide this from her. Wonder if it's worth talking to her about.



Submitted November 25, 2020 at 02:13PM by AffectionateWinter47 https://ift.tt/39ogcql
I (29M) have started exercising and my wife (28F) has been unsupportive I (29M) have started exercising and my wife (28F) has been unsupportive Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.