Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm [27M] pretty sure my two friends [25f, 26f] are in love with each other, but neither knows it. What should I do?

Hi all, long time lurker but first time poster. Names changed to protect the innocent etc.

I've been friends with Cassie, 26f, for about three years. We met through a local volunteering group, which meets several times a week so we see each other all the time. Cassie and I consider each other best friends and we're actually housemates at the moment due to COVID stuff happening at my job (hours were cut, needed to move, her lease expired so we decided to rent together) Roughly one year ago, Amy, 25f, joined. She fit right into our group and we're all really close now. FWIW I am a gay dude so I see these ladies as sisters and nothing more - just wanted to clear that up.

Cass and Amy really hit it off right away, which was cool because they're really different. Cass is incredibly social and someone who likes to get out and do stuff. Amy is more quiet though still very friendly, prefers to take a back seat/planning approach to things and is one of the smartest people I have ever met.

Cass has told me before that she would potentially consider herself bi-curious, she said that she wouldn't rule out being with a woman but she's never met a woman she was romantically/physically attracted to. I don't know anything about Amy's orientation but I do know she's not with anyone at the moment.

Recently I was screwing about with Cass because guys, she has been acting like a love sick teenager and it's adorable. Walking around all dreamy eyed, doing her hair real nice, watching corny romance movies, the whole shebang. I was teasing her like "ooo, do you have a crush" etc. And she went all bright red and was so embarrassed. We always tease each other about our crushes - she gave me hell when I was crushing on the cute dude who works in the local coffee shop - but we always tell each other about who we fancy so I did find it a bit weird that she wouldn't spill. Literally that evening we went to the volunteer office and Amy walked in (we weren't expecting to see her that evening) and Cassie's face just LIT UP the minute Amy entered the roon. So I was obviously just like ha, cute, but I didn't say anything coz it's not my place. Besides, as a gay guy I know what it's like to like someone who will never like you back so I didn't want to make her feel bad by bringing up something that was never gonna happen. This was like a month ago.

Anyway, a week ago I was alone with Amy and she asked me how long I'd known Cass and if we tell each other anything. Then she asked if Cass was looking for a relationship. I told Amy that I didn't think she was looking necessarily but she wouldn't turn down the right person. Then Amy was like, does she like anyone right now? I told her I wasn't sure if Cass liked anyone right now, and asked her why she was asking, and she just went "ah no reason, just wondering!" Then she flat-out asked me if Cass liked girls. I said whoa, you're gonna have to ask her directly (I have a very strict no-outing policy) and Amy sort of stood there like a deer in headlights, squeaked out an apology and sort of scuttled off. It was so weird, so out of character for someone who's normally SO eloquent and put together. Like five minutes later (because I am a dumb idiot) I was like oh damn, she likes Cass.

Should I do or say anything? These two are both clearly really into each other but neither of them even knows that the other likes girls. I would be inclined to just sit back and see, but I honestly can't imagine a scenario where they "get together" because Amy finds it difficult to open up emotionally and I can't see Cass coming on to Amy without worrying about the damage she might do to their friendship.

I have no idea, but we've all seen each other twice since I spoke to Amy and since then I have been noticing the way they stare at each other, it's so obvious, they always find an excuse to go out on the same jobs together, they giggle like schoolgirls. It is both hilarious and infuriating because I kinda want to just yell GET A ROOM! but honestly my heart breaks for them because I think they would make an amazing couple and the thought of them both just sitting across from each other yearning makes me so sad! I love these girls and I want them to be happy! FWIW I know that they're not secretly together yet or anything because literally yesterday Cass was like oh woe is me, I wish I had a partner to spend the pandemic with (she actually said partner)

Tl;dr my two friends who I love dearly both are clearly into each other, neither knows the other likes girls, should I try and get them together?



Submitted November 28, 2020 at 04:56PM by nate_dj9000 https://ift.tt/3fJx37S
I'm [27M] pretty sure my two friends [25f, 26f] are in love with each other, but neither knows it. What should I do? I'm [27M] pretty sure my two friends [25f, 26f] are in love with each other, but neither knows it. What should I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.