Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I stop being angry at my siblings for my dad's mistakes

Some backstory: Parents had me really young, 2008 market crashed happened, got left with my grandparents as my mom and dad left the state to find work. Spoke to mom often, grandpa dies and we find out my mom is pregnant with twins, still living with grandma despite my parents buying a house and having my siblings. My grandma had to be admitted to a old folks home, uncles live in other states, had to move in with my parents.

My relationship with my dad could be described as non existent just up until a year ago. Due to my grandmother's worsening health I was forced to move in with my parents. Since moving in I noticed a huge difference in how I am treated versus my two younger siblings. From small stuff like him having conversations with them to doing bigger stuff like taking them on day long hikes or weekend camping trips.

I (F 14) try to ignore it and for the most part understand that my dad is an ah however I still get upset sometimes. My younger siblings (F,M, 5) have picked up on this and in a way they use it to their advantage. The twins are usually really great to be around, for example they like to hang out with me and do arts and crafts or listen to stories about living with our grandparents. However they cant get bratty and they are spoiled.

If one of them decides they want something of mine they will throw a tantrum until my dad demands that I give it to them for a few hours. Another example is when my little sister makes a mess she will claim that I did it or that I need to help her in cleaning it up. If I try to argue my parents just roll their eyes and tell me to pick up the mess since she is so young.

Recently the twins realized that I usually have daily phone calls with my uncles (uncles dont speak to my parents and have no relationship with the twins), however it seems like the twins hate that I have family that they dont, so they get nasty and make jabs about how "Daddy loves me not you" which I'll be honest is embarrassing that they've picked up on it.

I get angry and usually end up shouting at them and locking myself in my room until my mom pulls me out to have a conversation between the four of us about why it isnt nice to be mean to each other. Yesterday however my younger brother threw a tantrum in my room so I picked him up and placed him in the hall and locked my door. They both spun this that I dragged him out and was rough and now I'm getting crap from my dad.

Basically I feel awful for getting angry at them for what I know is my dad's fault but I don't know what to do. I dont care about trying for a relationship with my dad but I do want to have a healthy relationship with my younger sibs. Any advice?

TL;DR: Dad is an ah and his behavior towards me is affecting my relationship with my younger siblings. Need advice.



Submitted November 27, 2020 at 02:24AM by UnsureSuzy https://ift.tt/2J5VC3j
How do I stop being angry at my siblings for my dad's mistakes How do I stop being angry at my siblings for my dad's mistakes Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.