Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F23) am embarrassed to have my (F26) partner come to my parent’s dilapidated house for Christmas

Sorry for typo should be M26!

Long story short, I’ve been with my boyfriend for a few months and he actively wants me to invite him over for Christmas this year as he was raised in an Asian country and never celebrated Christmas before.

I came home over Thanksgiving and I don’t know if it is because of my time living away from home but I was shocked walking in to how bad things really are. Everything is falling apart and stained, even with everything “clean” the counters are cheap and peeling and the hardwood floors are incredibly damaged and look gross even after being scrubbed. The window panes are falling off, everything is dusty and entire bedrooms are filled with stuff. I honestly don’t want to invite him over as it is so overwhelmingly dirty no amount of cleaning I do will be able to overturn the decay of the house. To a lot of people that may not make sense but imagine a 20+ year old house that has never been properly cleaned or kept up with, is dingy and falling apart...

I feel guilty but I need to either tell him the truth of why I don’t want him to come over or come up with another excuse. He is a very tidy person and the state of my parent’s house has always been a source of shame to me. I’m not trying to pass judgement on them but I just feel bad at taking back my agreement to have him over. I’m here for a few more days so I’m going to try my best to clean up, but then I will be away for a few weeks so it will just get dirty again by the time we arrive.

Should I tell him honestly why I don’t want him to come over or should I use another excuse?

P.S. My parent’s house is 6+ hours from where we live so we will need to spend at least one night there. Their house is large and my mom works a lot and as she is the only one who cleans there anymore a lot of dirtiness has built up. She does the best she can but with a lot of animals over the years as well that has also increased the dilapidated.

TLDR: 26M boyfriend wants to come to my house 23F for Christmas but my parent’s house is very dirty, broken down, and dilapidated. Not sure if I should tell him the truth or an excuse.



Submitted November 30, 2020 at 12:08AM by worksuxiknow23 https://ift.tt/36oaJOm
I (F23) am embarrassed to have my (F26) partner come to my parent’s dilapidated house for Christmas I (F23) am embarrassed to have my (F26) partner come to my parent’s dilapidated house for Christmas Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.