Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My brother is lying to protect his pregnant wife

This is such a difficult situation, and maybe the best thing for me to do is stay out of it, but I love my family and I worry about them. So, I (41F) have two younger brothers, Adam (40M) and Jordan (36M), and both are happily married. Adam and his wife have two little kids, and Jordan and his wife have been struggling with infertility, including a recent miscarriage, but his wife is newly pregnant, about four weeks along. We’re all very protective of her. I’ll call her Lisa (40F).

Well, Lisa‘s mom (80F) lives in a country far away, with her two daughters. Down the hall in their apartment building, lived the mom’s sister and her husband. The husband passed away from C19 in the fall, and the mom‘s sister passed away two weeks ago. Now Lisa‘s mom is sick too. Lisa’s sisters called my brother and told him that their mom was sick, but asked him not to tell Lisa the true diagnosis. So they all agreed to just tell Lisa that her mom has pneumonia. And my brother offered to pay for all her medical care. I understand why he’s doing it, because she will be so worried and if she has another miscarriage maybe she will feel like it is connected to her emotional state over her mother. But I feel like he should be honest with her or at least tell the sisters that they should be honest with her, so that way it’s not like they were all talking about the situation and leaving Lisa out.

So should I find a way to contact my brother privately and suggest that deceiving his wife, even at the request of her sisters and to protect her physical well-being, is not a good idea? Or should I stay out of it and assume that her sisters and husband know best?

Tl;dr- my brother is lying to his pregnant wife that her mother has pneumonia, not Covid, because he doesn’t want her to worry.



Submitted February 26, 2021 at 04:45PM by julet1815 https://ift.tt/3uFcikM
My brother is lying to protect his pregnant wife My brother is lying to protect his pregnant wife Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 26, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.