Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (26) made me pay for our lunch on my (25) birthday

My boyfriend and I have been talking for over a year and dating for a couple of months. He’s never really shown signs of being weird about splitting bills and stuff, mostly because more often than not I’ll offer to pay for our meals since he drives out twenty minutes to see me. On his birthday earlier this year his best friend and I planned a surprise party for him, I commissioned a cake for him, I bought him a personalized leather wallet and another personal gift he had told me he had wanted to buy. I planned the day, bought us tickets to an event, picked him up and had a picnic with him (I spent SIX HOURS the day before shopping and preparing two Italian dishes he had mentioned liking), drove us around the area and then took him back home to his surprise party where all of his friends and family celebrated with us. He was so touched and told me over and over again how much he loved and appreciated the day.

My birthday was yesterday. I turned 25, and I haven’t been feeling that great about it, I feel like a fossil. Instead of taking us out to lunch we decided to order for pick up, we looked at the menu through my Yelp and I asked if he wanted me to order, kinda in disbelief that he wasn’t willing to order himself. He said yes. I ordered $40 with of food for us and when he left to pick it up he made a comment about me using the birthday money my friends had sent me to pay for lunch. I was immediately hurt. Once he came back with the food I was still sorta upset, when he realized I was unhappy about him making me pay for our food he followed it up with an exasperated “ill pay you back” (he never did) and then took me to a date. To sit in the parking lot of our local park.

I figured he did enough by driving to see me and bringing me a gift but I can’t help but feel a little upset and hurt. I know that it’s not fair to compare and that you should only do things for people without actively hoping for things in return but like ?? Honestly, feels so so bad, man.

TLDR; my boyfriend made me pay for our dinner on my birthday and I don’t know if I should or how to bring it up.



Submitted February 27, 2021 at 12:53AM by dxzdlt https://ift.tt/3uBLC4q
My boyfriend (26) made me pay for our lunch on my (25) birthday My boyfriend (26) made me pay for our lunch on my (25) birthday Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.