Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Do I tell my ex’s (M) current girlfriend of two years that he was still dating me for the first three months of their relationship?

This evening I (26F) had a random person come up on my “people you may know” Facebook page. We had two mutual friends - my ex’s (32M) sister and his mom. I thought, oh this must be his current girlfriend, I wonder if she looked me up and that’s why FB suggested her profile. I’m friends with his sister so all I knew is he was seeing someone after we broke up and they now live together. She has the same first name as me.

I click on her profile and there are a lot of photos of the two of them. Just two weeks ago, she posted a photo compilation that is captioned “two years with my love.” Only two years ago in February 2019, he and I were still together and dating long distance (about 10 hours’ drive). I broke up with him a few months later in May 2019.

I knew he was sketchy with his phone and seemed unfaithful but I had never been cheated on so I never conceived this. I only just found out tonight.

My first reaction was to tell her right away (which I didn’t). Now after talking to a couple family and friends I’m thinking it would maybe cause her needless suffering... but would you want to know? If she already does know and is fine with it, I’m fine with that too. But what if she wants to marry this guy and has no idea this is how they started? For all I know I’m just the collateral damage in their love story and I’d be fucking something very good up by telling her... but I’m not sure what is the right thing to do.

For context, I started dating someone in September 2019 and we now also live together and are very happy. I couldn’t ask for more and virtually never think about this ex.

TL;DR: Found out almost two years after breakup that my ex started dating someone else three months before we broke up. Should I tell her?



Submitted February 25, 2021 at 10:05PM by kokamouse https://ift.tt/3qTflng
Do I tell my ex’s (M) current girlfriend of two years that he was still dating me for the first three months of their relationship? Do I tell my ex’s (M) current girlfriend of two years that he was still dating me for the first three months of their relationship? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 26, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.