Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (31F) partner (32M) will not make doctors appointments for himself, and it's starting to worry me as we talk about building a future together.

Basically what the title says - my (31F) partner (32M) will not make himself doctor's appointments. There are three things of significant concern right now - a broken back tooth that has been bothering him for TWO YEARS, a case of plaque psoriasis that while not terrible, I think could be easily alleviated by medication, and most importantly, glasses that he has had for ten years (and hasn't had an appointment to get a new prescription for since). We have been together for a year but known each other for longer. We live together.

I love him. He's wonderful. We get along well, and I see a future with him - he's the person I want to marry and have babies with. He's in therapy right now and I actively know that this is something he's discussed with his therapist, but he still hasn't made any of these appointments and it's starting to deeply stress me out. I don't want to be in the position of nagging / insisting that my partner take care of themselves when we have kids. I know he has some significant anxiety over going to the doctor, but I don't know how to better deal with this issue at this point. He's normally so wonderful about communicating, but whenever this particular issue comes up, he closes down and it's like he crawls up into himself. I want to be understanding, but I also want to feel like the person I'm building a life with is capable and willing to take care of their own needs, without my constant insistence. Has anyone else had experience with this?

tl;dr - My partner definitely has some kind of phobia or at least reticence to make necessary doctors appointments for himself, and I'm worried about becoming a parent with him if he can't take care of it.



Submitted February 28, 2021 at 06:08PM by appointmentconcern https://ift.tt/3uF03EY
My (31F) partner (32M) will not make doctors appointments for himself, and it's starting to worry me as we talk about building a future together. My (31F) partner (32M) will not make doctors appointments for himself, and it's starting to worry me as we talk about building a future together. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.