Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [25F] feeling constant guilt from my husband [27M] about buying sweets.

Been together for 10 years (HS sweethearts) and I bought a cake for an upcoming work celebration (8 year anniversary) and I never buy cakes/make cakes. I made sure to eat one slice of toast only today to account for dinner (one burrito, homemade) and a single slice of cake. Hubby says we get one slice each then the cake is going in the trash. This isn't the first time he has thrown away an entire cake.

I am 5'1" and currently weigh 131, and I have started portion control, calories in/calories out, and am active, because I don't want to weigh 131lbs anymore. My goal is ultimately 115lbs. Hubby is 5'10" and 205lbs, but is built heavily muscular. In no way are either of us looking unhealthy, just a bit of a chub/love handles that we don't like looking at. Both of us have started to work out and be cognizant of our food choices.

We go out to eat once a week. And that could be anything from buying a burrito for dinner to a sonic shake. He would like to get that down to 2 times a month. I have nothing to compare this to. I don't know how much is too much. A lot of my friends I know go out to eat way more than that. We don't drink regularly, maybe 5 beers one day during the entire month. I cook all of our meals, he does not cook. I also am responsible for purchasing meals, creating a dinner menu, and we don't purchase lunch food, only eat leftovers. Breakfasts are coffee and egg with bagel.

I am tired of feeling guilty for buying a cake. Sometimes he's like "u/GlupShitto553", please buy chocolate chips so we can make cookies. I buy the chips. We make the cookies. We go upstairs for the night and shower and he goes into this spiral of regret for eating 3 cookies.

We started taking fiber to deal with the bloat of daily life.

I never had a problem with how I looked before until he started pointing things out like how we eat out too much and eat too many sweets. I'd like to mention that the only sweet things we keep in the house are bananas. No snacks whatsoever. No sweets.

How can I deal with this in a constructive way without feeling like a stubborn child who is having a tantrum about sweets?

TL;DR: hubby hates having temptation around the house. I just want a slice of cake every now and then and make sure to starve myself before partaking. Help me feel less guilty.



Submitted February 24, 2021 at 03:58PM by GlupShitto553 https://ift.tt/3pSRp27
I [25F] feeling constant guilt from my husband [27M] about buying sweets. I [25F] feeling constant guilt from my husband [27M] about buying sweets. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 25, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.