Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is the way my (21f) boyfriend (21m) treats me normal?

Throwaway account to preserve my privacy.

My boyfriend (21m) and I (21f) have been together for 2 years. We met in college. He’s normally very sweet although he’s quiet and doesn’t talk much.

He doesn’t let me have any male friends. We had a lot of fights about that and I had to cut out the majority of my guy friends because he would get jealous, including a guy friend of mine that I’ve known for years. As a result, I don’t have many close friends. (Maybe 2 or 3 girls and 1 male friend that’s also his friend). Note that I can’t hang out with the male friend alone.

Recently, a family member of mine suddenly died. I was devastated. I wanted to rely on my boyfriend and my male friend. (Closest 2 people to me)

I called my boyfriend to ask him to meet me somewhere because of what happened and told him that I’ll meet up first with our male friend. He said OK. I met with up my friend and I kept waiting for my boyfriend but he wouldn’t show me. He arrived 2 hours late. He apologized and told me that he accidentally fell asleep. Okay.

It greatly upset me but I mostly let it go because I was grieving and I couldn’t handle a fight with my boyfriend at the same time. So, I relied on him a lot and I felt like he was super supportive and loving.. then.. 1 week later, he suddenly stopped being supportive. He stopped asking me how I was and even began replying late to text conversations.

Mind you, it hasn’t yet been a month since the death of my loved one and I’m still very much in pain. But, I again let it go because I figured that maybe he doesn’t know what to do. Some people are way less emotionally intelligent than others.

2 days ago, he asked me whether I would be OK with staying at home while he worked and I said that I don’t feel comfortable with that. To which he made me feel bad for.

He’s right now ignoring me because I feel that I’m way too clingy, but it’s not fair. I’m grieving and I feel like my world is crashing upon me. I want to hang out with my male friends but I’m stuck at home, hoping that my boyfriend will reply to my text messages.

TLDR; I had a death in the family. Initially, my boyfriend was supportive but then he turned cold. He won’t let me hang out with my male friends and ignores me for hours at a time.



Submitted February 27, 2021 at 04:02PM by TA-bfconcerns https://ift.tt/37TjpfZ
Is the way my (21f) boyfriend (21m) treats me normal? Is the way my (21f) boyfriend (21m) treats me normal? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.