Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My wife (25F) and I (27M) are high school sweethearts who have grown into completely incompatible people. Divorce?

My wife and I started dating in high school, all the way thru college, and then got married 3 years ago. Over the past 10 years, we've changed A LOT and are no longer compatible at all.

Almost everything that brings us joy and that we care about are completely different (e.g. she's a hard right conservative, I'm liberal). It's difficult to even make her laugh anymore, which is one of my most desired relationship traits.

She has especially changed A LOT the past two years because of intensive med school, and it seems like we are continuing to change into even more incompatible people.

We've been thinking that "Incompatible" is just something we could work through, because we truly love each other. But we are starting to build up a lot of resentment towards each other, and I see myself very unhappy if this continues the rest of our lives.

I can't imagine getting a divorce and starting all over. Our parents and siblings would be devastated too. I'm terrified of never finding someone like my wife again, but I know many women who share so many of my same interests and desires are out there.

TL;DR Wife and I started dating in high school and have grown into completely incompatible people causing unhappiness. How do I know if I'm making a huge mistake with divorce, or if staying is just prolonging the inevitable?



Submitted December 31, 2020 at 02:41PM by throwaway_bro7 https://ift.tt/352DNto
My wife (25F) and I (27M) are high school sweethearts who have grown into completely incompatible people. Divorce? My wife (25F) and I (27M) are high school sweethearts who have grown into completely incompatible people. Divorce? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.