Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Need advice: My (20F) sister (23F) refuses to help pay internet bill

Hey guys, I have a situation here.

Before covid, my sister was working and paying internet bills. I wasn't working back then, so I barely had anything to contribute, but I forced myself to give a little sometimes when I won money from an essay competition. Now since covid, she lost her job. She told me that she wants me to take over the internet bill until she found a job and I agreed. Fortunately, now we're doing online virtual assistance now.

So fast forward to now. All of a sudden, I have to be paying everything myself; 43USD/ $6000 JMD. It might not look like much, but paying it alone feels like such. When I ask her for contribution, her attitude gets rude and she starts bringing up stuff from way back when I had no money / used to only contributed like $5-10. 

Today after I paid the bill (due date), I went to her for her to give me her share (I've been asking her all week) and she started acting up, saying 'or else what?'. So I said 'there's  no or else. I'm just asking for a contribution.' and she kept saying or else (a habit, it seems, to keep repeating the same thing) and when I assert myself, she always said 'oh' in a mocking/sarcastic tone. 

I know she has car loans to pay (she refuses to sell or rent the car) but I want to start paying off my student loans too and making only 100us per week, it's difficult. 

So I'm turning to you guys for advice. I know my sister sucks and I don't like having to deal with her at all, but we live in the same house and I don't know when either of us will move out. I don't know what to do. I feel like a pushover because this is happening. If the situation was reversed, things would be very different, and I'd have to contribute at least half.

I cut the bill to a cheaper option today which has no cable and she's telling me that I had no right to do that. She told me she'd contribute but I know that won't happen. She does NOTHING in the house. All she does is lie around in bed all day.

She doesn't even contribute to any other bills in the house nor groceries (which my dad covers, I give whenever I can) and my parents sometimes have to talk to her about that, but nothing changes. 

I can't cut the internet because that's how I make money too. 

Please help. 

Tldr: my sister refuses to help pay the internet bill and I'm getting frustrated.



Submitted January 29, 2021 at 10:27AM by urealpotato https://ift.tt/3ox90fa
Need advice: My (20F) sister (23F) refuses to help pay internet bill Need advice: My (20F) sister (23F) refuses to help pay internet bill Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.