Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Why do my (26F) guy friends reach out, talk consistently for awhile, then suddenly withdraw?

TL;DR: Some of my (26F) guy friends (mid-20s) will randomly reach out and say hi, put in effort to continue the conversation for a few weeks/more, then suddenly withdraw. I'm confused.

It hit me recently that, every so often, the same cycle will happen:

One of my guy friends, usually someone I haven't talked to in awhile or haven't known for awhile, will reach out. They'll be very active in catching up, making jokes, and generally keeping the conversation going. (With that said, I do ask them questions too--I wouldn't want any of my friends to feel they're in a one-sided conversation.)

This will continue consistently for an amount of time (the most recent one was a month, with another friend it was two weeks, etc.) and then they will just suddenly...withdraw. It's really weird to me because this didn't occur just with one guy friend; it's been a different one each time.

I've done some self reflection and realized some things about the ways I responded, but it still leaves me with the question: why does this happen in the first place? Why do they reach out and withdraw?

[I have wondered if it's something I said or did, and at times I do know I can come across as ... a lot, as I can talk a lottt over text (in general too ^^;). But I see some of these friends every so often, and things aren't uncomfortable, so I just wonder...why? Any readings/thoughts about this will definitely be appreciated. :)]



Submitted January 28, 2021 at 06:07PM by PiperKate https://ift.tt/3poGu0F
Why do my (26F) guy friends reach out, talk consistently for awhile, then suddenly withdraw? Why do my (26F) guy friends reach out, talk consistently for awhile, then suddenly withdraw? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.