Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [27M] am feeling jealous over how much money my friend [23M] has made

I am sure most of you have heard of GameStop stock going crazy recently. This is related.

I first started investing in stocks back in 2018. I started with roughly 4-6k. I was on my own, so I was always doing research.. I would trade while learning. I might have made like 1-2k or something that year dont remember. Then 2019, I was getting the hang of it more and ended the year with 18k (I deposited about 4K to in my account). Then 2020 I had a good year and ended with about 30k. Along the way I made some losses and learned a lot.

Then comes my friend. First, he’s younger than me and straight out of college he got a high paying job at his dads work. I was glad for him. He always looked up to me asking me about stocks. Finally a couple months ago, he says he made an account with 15k and wants to trade stocks with me. So I been giving him tips and so in 2020 we were both making money. But then this week, during the whole GameStop craze, I didn’t want to get involved. I tend to stay away from really volatile high risk stocks. But my friend wanted, so I decided to play with some money. My friend went all in (he had about 20k). Now I was happy to have made the returns over my small investment, but then my friend showed me his account. He turned his account from 20k to 90k in a week!

He showed me this morning, and I just been feeling so jealous I hate it. I was proud of my humble growth with stocks but not anymore. In what I grew in 3 years, he has ended up having almost 3x the amount of my entire portfolio in the span of a couple months. Does anyone have any advice for me on not to feel this way??

tl;dr: Me and my friend trade stocks. My friend who just recently joined where as I been doing it for a couple years, has managed to make near 3x my portfolio. Now I am feeling shitty.



Submitted January 28, 2021 at 09:17PM by NotAJanitorOK https://ift.tt/3t8Oc11
I [27M] am feeling jealous over how much money my friend [23M] has made I [27M] am feeling jealous over how much money my friend [23M] has made Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.