Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (40f) need help disengaging from my spouse (40m)

I (40f) need help disengaging from my spouse (40m). He has mental health issues (depression, anxiety, adhd, addiction [not active], relapse) and he's stopped taking his medications. I feel as though he's sucking me down a black hole and it's causing me stress and anxiety.

We tried couples counseling and were told we can't continue with therapy until he does individual therapy. He's supposed to start individual this week.

He barely speaks to me and when he does he's talking at me. He engages when he feels like it and nothing more. He seems to be emotionally unavailable. He gets upset with me and withholds emotional and physical intimacy (the bedroom has been dead).

I'm stuck because I'm a stay at home mom with twins in remote school and an infant. He provides financially and doesn't have much left for anyone (me or kids) after work.

I also feel guilty divorcing someone with mental health issues as I wouldn't divorce if he was diagnosed with a physical condition. How do I accept the situation for what it is until changes can be made? How do I get peace for myself?

Tldr: stay at home mom in a difficult marriage needs help to disengage from marriage and accept a roommate situation for the time being.



Submitted January 31, 2021 at 06:39AM by New_Distance_3425 https://ift.tt/3tdluMI
I (40f) need help disengaging from my spouse (40m) I (40f) need help disengaging from my spouse (40m) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.