Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I (19m) stop resenting my sister (15f)?

Growing up, my sister was definitely the favorite. I always felt like an outcast in my family because my parents barely acknowledged my existence. Because of this, I was really mean to my sister. I would often pick on her and make her cry.

My sister was born on the day before Christmas Eve 2005. Due to this, we didn't get to celebrate Christmas that year. I used to think that she ruined my Christmas, but now I feel ashamed for even thinking that way.

Ever since my sister was born, I've never really had my parents' attention. My father rarely paid any attention to either of us because he was always busy with work. My mother was always home, but she paid the most attention to my sister. Because of this, I hardly ever got the chance to spend time with my mom. Although my mom always promised to spend more time with me, she never kept that promise.

Our parents always treated her better than me. If my sister and I were to argue, our parents would always take her side. If she broke anything in the house, I'd be the one to get the blame. Moreover, our parents would always give her more gifts for her birthday and Christmas.

I know it's not my sister's fault, but I still feel like she indirectly ruined my childhood.

My sister and I do get along better now, and we sometimes spend time together (like doing a puzzle or playing a video game together). However, I really don't know how to get rid of the resentment.

Any advice is appreciated. Please help me.

tl;dr: I was neglected after my sister was born. Due to this, I have harbored resentment towards her over many years. Recently, I started to realize that it's not her fault. How can I let the resentment go away?



Submitted January 31, 2021 at 01:33PM by the_neglected_one https://ift.tt/39AImhr
How can I (19m) stop resenting my sister (15f)? How can I (19m) stop resenting my sister (15f)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.