Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (28f) boyfriend (31m) keeps down-playing sexism and even questions it's existence, and it's driving me crazy

On multiple occasions my boyfriend has questioned whether sexism even exists, and even had doubted my own personal sexist experiences. He always tries to find a way to explain away, and make me feel like I've been over reacting, or I just have a warped view and misinterpret situations. It's driving me crazy.

And it's every mention of it, he's eye rolling and doesn't believe it.

It came up in conversation today that women are treated differently to men in terms of relationships with food, and he called it all a conspiracy theory.

I just get so angry, because he's denying my literal real life experiences, because he can't relate to them. So they must be made up. And in that, it makes me feel like he doesn't trust me or my experiences.

I just don't know what, if anything, I can do to make him realise that sexist encounters happen, and society holds women to higher standards.

Does anyone have any advice?

Tl:dr - my boyfriend denies sexism and the sexist interactions I've experienced and it's making me so angry



Submitted January 27, 2021 at 03:47PM by MalibuMelon https://ift.tt/2MbSoMT
My (28f) boyfriend (31m) keeps down-playing sexism and even questions it's existence, and it's driving me crazy My (28f) boyfriend (31m) keeps down-playing sexism and even questions it's existence, and it's driving me crazy Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.