Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24F) friend (24f)has been missing for over a month, I feel like I'm the only one trying to track them down and I don't know what else to do.

Background info

My friend went missing on new years after leaving her sisters home around midnight and has not been seen since. She recently moved to a new city with her sister and has only been there since August. I contacted her sister after a mutual friend contacted me today to let me know that she has not heard from her and has filed a missing person's report. I travel with my friend every year for Spring Break and we usually chat every few weeks and plan for our trips. I am not her closest friend, we don't talk every day but usually catch up every few weeks. Last time I spoke to her was in November and she said she was taking a trip to Canada at the end of the year.

What I've done so far:

I have sent the flyer around on social media to everyone I know, had them repost, emailed, checked all social media platforms, texted, called (says phone is out of service like she's on an airplane), sent her money on mobile banking to see if it goes through (pending). I spoke with her sister earlier today and she says that she didn't know any of her friends, so she can't track her down. So I've been trying to check around with some of our mutual friends and no luck. She always called her family when we went out of town and so this is very unlike her to take off work for nearly a month.

My theories on what happened:

  • Taking the trip to Canada and her phone carrier is not allowing her to use her phone. Doesn't make sense, it is out of character for her to miss a month of work, not contact anyone in her family, and not post a trip on social media.
  • She had a crazy, abusive ex who she testified against in court and had a restraining order against. Doesn't make sense because he's across the country, but he has a history of stalking and trying to harm her.
  • She met a bunch of new people and partied in the new city, and there's people I don't know involved. This is the most terrifying theory. I'm hoping that by circulating it through our graduating class, the people I know in the city where she went missing, and some mutual acquaintances that will help track her down.

(I don't know where she's currently working, if she's dating anyone new, and her family doesn't know anyone to call.)

Responses I'm getting (The really scary part) :

Most people are really nonchalant about her being missing for a month. Her sister is waiting for her to call, and for law enforcement to handle it. I'm the only one asking about last credit card transactions, phone records, and the last time she was working, and possibly local hospitals. No one knows who she was hanging out with in the new city. No one knows if she booked the trip to Canada. I learned she was missing through a mutual friend almost a month later. I have no idea what else I can do. I have a very sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach. I feel cold. I know this is not normal, and I've known her for five years. It doesn't make sense why no one has heard from her.

TLDR: I have no idea what to do now. She's never been out of reach this long. I have emailed, posted, texted, called, even sent money through mobile banking. Everyone is being nonchalant about her being missing. Her family doesn't know who to call. I just learned about her being missing from a friend after not hearing from her. I don't know how else I can stress the importance or how I can find her. Any suggestions welcome. I also tried looking up missing persons online but I couldn't find anything with her name. Is this usual?



Submitted January 27, 2021 at 09:11PM by HabsburgCunts https://ift.tt/3t6KJ30
My (24F) friend (24f)has been missing for over a month, I feel like I'm the only one trying to track them down and I don't know what else to do. My (24F) friend (24f)has been missing for over a month, I feel like I'm the only one trying to track them down and I don't know what else to do. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.