Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My(29F) boyfriend(29M) is a sperm donor for friends of his. I am deeply uncomfortable, and don't know how to move forward.

My boyfriend(29M) and I(29F) have been together 3 years and are renovating a house together. I want to have children of my own, and had hoped it would be with my current BF. In other words, it's a serious committed relationship.

He decided to become a sperm donor for a lesbian couple he is friends with last year. I was involved in some early conversations, and expressed my extreme discomfort with the whole decision. Ultimately, it was clear that he + the couple both really wanted to do this, so I gave my support while stating my boundary: I wanted some emotional space from the situation, don't want a relationship with the child, and didn't want to be involved moving forward.

The couple lives in our neighborhood, and are now pregnant. One of the women is a contractor who had been working in our home, and I recently told my BF I do not want her working on our home anymore. It's been very difficult for me but I am in therapy and am trying to work on accepting this reality. I usually get emotional when the topic comes up with my BF, and he gets frustrated with me. In his ideal world, we would all be friends, and the topic wouldn't be so emotionally triggering for me. While the couple he is friends with are lovely people, I can't seem to push past my discomfort. I get frustrated because I clearly stated my boundary from the beginning.

Am I wrong for feeling uncomfortable about this situation? How do I work towards a place of being more OK with this? Does our relationship stand a chance? I constantly judge myself about not being open-minded or flexible enough to handle this.

Any other insight or advice would be appreciated.

TL;DR
Boyfriend decided to be the sperm donor for friends of his.My efforts of becoming comfortable with this arrangement have proved unsuccessful, and he's frustrated that it is so difficult for me. How do I move forward with him in this relationship?



Submitted January 27, 2021 at 04:51AM by g2pens https://ift.tt/3qVwBba
My(29F) boyfriend(29M) is a sperm donor for friends of his. I am deeply uncomfortable, and don't know how to move forward. My(29F) boyfriend(29M) is a sperm donor for friends of his. I am deeply uncomfortable, and don't know how to move forward. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.