Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [23F] friend [24f] wants to stay with me for a weekend next month. I said "maybe" and now she took time off work so now I can't say no without looking like the jerk

I have a friend who is going to be in the area in 2 weeks. We live about 300 miles away, and she's just happens to have something she needs to do in my city, and she told me "Hey I'll be in your city, don't worry Vivian I'll come stay with you." And I said "Maybe, I'll have to see if I have anything coming up on that weekend", because I sort of didn't want her to stay to be honest. I forgot about it and a few days later it's now turned into "Ok I got Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning off, can't wait to see you in 2 weeks : ) ". What absolutely sucks is that I don't have any excuse of being busy because of lockdowns and I don't have some boyfriend I can say is sick or anything like that. I said yes to seeing her, not her staying the ENTIRE weekend. Now I'm stressed out because I have to buy food for her, clean my house top to bottom, make everything perfect for her and I didn't even agree to this.

What do I tell her? Do I just suck it up and deal with it? I'm annoyed because I feel like she's manipulating me my forcing my apprehension into a yes, because now I'm the bad guy if I say no because she took off work already. I've confronted her about it and she's saying I said yes, but I seriously don't remember agreeing. Now I don't know if we miscommunicated, I actually said yes and forgot, or if she's gaslighting me into thinking I said yes. I'm really trying to think up an excuse because I truly have nothing going on but I just don't want to serve a house guest for an entire weekend. I would confront her but the last time I had to cancel, she said it was fine, and then spent a full 2 months legitimately every single day telling me and everyone else about how I screwed her over. I'm really tempted to confront her honestly and say I can see her for a day at most, and if she complains stop responding to her

tl:dr friend took off work to guilt me into agreeing to let her stay with me, now I can't say now without looking like a jerk



Submitted January 30, 2021 at 01:22PM by VivianM97 https://ift.tt/2NRu8QS
My [23F] friend [24f] wants to stay with me for a weekend next month. I said "maybe" and now she took time off work so now I can't say no without looking like the jerk My [23F] friend [24f] wants to stay with me for a weekend next month. I said "maybe" and now she took time off work so now I can't say no without looking like the jerk Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.