Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I [35 M] polietly and kindly get my neighbor [7 M] to please leave me and my house alone

To start off, I do not like kids. I had a vasectomy in 2019. I don't date people with kids. There is a 17 year age gap between me and the next youngest person in my extended family. I have no interest in being around kids at this point in my life.

Since I moved here in May, a kid on my street has begun to bother me pretty regularly. It started as just talking with me when I am walking my three dogs. Then it became him stopping by my house if he saw me on on my front porch and he was riding his bike. This was super annoying because if I had a friend over and we were trying to enjoy a beer on my porch, he would stop by, walk right up to my porch and sit down with us uninvited, etc.

As winter has progressed, he has started just walking up to my house and knocking on my door anytime he wants. This has been incredibly annoying because I have 3 dogs that bark like crazy anytime anyone walks up on our porch. I also work from home, and it is getting pretty frustrating being on calls with my boss and having to stop because he is on my front porch and my dogs are going crazy.

Today was my breaking point, though. I just started my new job 3 weeks ago, and after a very long week, all I wanted to do was get stoned and sit on my couch and do nothing all day. Between 1pm and 4 pm, he came by 4 times. Just walks up to my front door and starts banging on it. I try to rush him off and tell him I have stuff to do, but since my couch is right by my front door, he will peer in my window and see if I am there.

Additionally, if I am walking my dogs and he sees us, he will run out of his house on his bike and follow us, tell me to slow down for him, etc.

I would really like to be free of this situation. I'm so tired of just trying to make a sandwich and have to stop because he is banging on my front door and my dogs are going nuts, having work calls interrupted, or having my days off disrupted. I want to be nice about it, but how do I set myself free of this situation? All my major decisions in life have been based around not having to entertain a child, and I feel like I am having to do that almost daily now.


tl;dr: How do I tell my 7year old neighbor to please stop coming by my house whenever he wants?



Submitted January 30, 2021 at 02:07PM by staynegative https://ift.tt/3alpu4X
How do I [35 M] polietly and kindly get my neighbor [7 M] to please leave me and my house alone How do I [35 M] polietly and kindly get my neighbor [7 M] to please leave me and my house alone Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.