Last weekend my mother asks if she can take the kids out to the beach. We politely said no thanks and asked her if she’s forgot we’re in the middle of a pandemic and seen news about the recent uptick of Covid cases in our county.
This weekend she picks up the kids to spend a couple days together. They come home yesterday and I notice my 10 yo has a stuffy nose. I start to ask “how did... but she immediately interrupts, saying she got the scratch/bruise on her cheek from falling down at grandmas. I was going to ask if her allergies are bothersome!
Turns out, it’s from a friction burn and they went to the beach, with grandma, and 4 other ppl (2 we have never met). Told my both my kids to lie about their bruises and not tell us they went to said beach because “she’ll get into trouble.”
My 6yo starts crying and I have to reassure both of them that although I’m not happy they lied, they are not getting in trouble for it.
I’m beyond livid at this point. It’s not the first time she’s told my kids to lie to us (parents) about something, AND giving them the lie! Like wtf?!
I need advice on what to do!! I hate confrontation, and grew up in an ultra conservative family that’s never held ppl accountable! AM I OVERREACTING?!
TLDR: my parents took my kids to the beach, during covid, with strangers, after I asked her not to. Then told my kids to lie about going anywhere and their injuries from that day. I hate confrontation, need advice... am I overreacting?!
Submitted June 22, 2020 at 05:46PM by Alanon0 https://ift.tt/2NjfcYf


No comments:
Post a Comment