Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My girlfriend (33F) wants to go to Hawaii and I (33M) refused because I feel it is socially irresponsible at the moment. She said she would just go alone.

Accidentally deleted my original draft, but essentially my girlfriend (33F) and I (33M) have been dating for about 7 months. We dated briefly for about 3 months last year, but broke it off because she was busy with a new job. I love her very deeply, but we have our personality differences and our relationship has been rocky at times.

We have been trying to plan some time off (about two weeks) together in August because we are both feeling stressed due to work and everything else going on. I suggested we take a road trip and camp along the way, seeing some national parks and such which she has never experienced; with a stop at her brother’s house to visit his family (this is so we can still have fun while minimizing our contact with people).

I also told her I wanted her input about what she wanted to do/see and would be open to suggestions from her, as long as we were safe/responsible about whatever we decided to do. I’m not overly paranoid about catching the virus, I’m just trying to take it seriously and be a good human to my fellow human-kind.

She texted me suddenly today with screenshots of flights to Hawaii; telling me there were only two seats left and I needed to decide right then if I wanted to go. She also offered to pay for my flight (not an issue, as I am perfectly capable of paying for my own).

I told her I did not want to go, as we would have to submit to a very uncomfortable Coronavirus test before we would be allowed to travel there. I also told her I felt it was socially irresponsible to travel on a plane to an island during a global pandemic. She responded that she understood, but did not agree with how I felt and immediately said she would just go by herself.

This upset me, as it did not seem at all like she cared about my feelings or whether or not I would be accompanying her on the trip. I essentially told her she was being a bit selfish or self-absorbed and that I would never go on a vacation alone, without her. She keeps telling me I am being “mean” and she does not “deserve” to be spoken to like this.

Am I being unreasonable for not wanting to go right now with everything happening in the world? Is it reasonable for me to feel hurt/upset that she would just go alone, without me?

TL;DR - I told my girlfriend I do not want to go to Hawaii right now because I feel it is socially irresponsible to travel on a plane to an island for pleasure during a global pandemic and she became upset and told me she would just go by herself.



Submitted June 27, 2020 at 10:40PM by Climate_Goblin https://ift.tt/2BNtuh2
My girlfriend (33F) wants to go to Hawaii and I (33M) refused because I feel it is socially irresponsible at the moment. She said she would just go alone. My girlfriend (33F) wants to go to Hawaii and I (33M) refused because I feel it is socially irresponsible at the moment. She said she would just go alone. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.