Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (26M) proposed to me (20F) and i said no because of how he got the ring.

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years now. He's been hinting that hes wanted to propose to me, but he cant afford a ring.

I said I could wait until he can afford a ring. I told him i dont mind it being inexpensive, because i love him and honestly the money doesn't matter to me.

My boyfriend has been engaged before and obviously it didnt work out. Apparently he told his mother how he couldn't afford a ring for me, and she said she had kept the ring that he had given his ex when he proposed to her, and my boyfriend could use the ring for me.

Unfortunately my boyfriend thought this was an amazing idea..... He could save money and give me a pretty ring. He was so excited to finally have a ring for me he couldnt wait to propose.

He came over to my house the SAME day he got the ring from his mom. Got down on one knee and proposed with the ring.

Honestly I was kinda sad because i expected him to be more romantic, but instead he walked in, got on his knee and asked me if id marry him. Thats it. No sweet words, no flowers, literally nothing.

I was kinda suspicious about the ring and I asked him where he got it and thats when he told me it used to be his ex's but she gave it back when they broke up.

I got upset and told him to leave and I wasnt marrying someone as stupid as he was. He didnt understand why I was upset and I started to cry and asked why I was getting leftovers, and why he would want to start our marriage with a ring he originally bought for his ex.

He said i was being ungrateful and that its a pretty ring and it doesnt count since they never got married. I told him no and he left.

The very next day he came back with a different ring and proposed again (the same way too). I asked where he got this ring and he said at a pawn shop for $100. Now this is where im not sure if im ungrateful or not, because in all honesty i felt like he was putting in no effort and i started to feel worthless to him, so i began to cry again and he started to yell at me and said nothing could ever be good enough for me because I'm a spoiled brat. He then threw the ring at me and left. Its been a week and we havent spoken since. Im not sure if im being entitled or spoiled or if i deserve something better than an ex's ring or a pawn shop ring :(

Tl;dr boyfriend proposed to me with the same ring he proposed to his ex with. I said no and then he came back the next day and proposed to me with a pawn shop ring and i said no again. Am I being a brat?



Submitted June 26, 2020 at 11:26PM by throwawayformeeeep https://ift.tt/2BFYL5M
My boyfriend (26M) proposed to me (20F) and i said no because of how he got the ring. My boyfriend (26M) proposed to me (20F) and i said no because of how he got the ring. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.