Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F23) can’t get over the fact my boyfriend (M23) will never drive.

After being the only one who could drive in my two relationships in the passed 7 years, I selfishly want my boyfriend to be able to drive me around.

I drove my ex around because his family wasn’t fortunate enough to get him a car or pay for driving lessons. Of course now, after we’ve been broken up for 4 years, he bought a car that he drives.

My current boyfriend is not even willing to drive... ever. When he was little, his grandpas house in Hawaii basically became haunted by a old, dead priest who was mad that a house was built on his grave. Ever since that encounter, his grandma was diagnosed with brain cancer, his grandpa lost his thumb, his auntie lost a toe, his cousin got into a car accident, and they spoke to the goddess of Hawaii, Pele through a shaman. That all happened within a couple years. Ever since then, he took signs super seriously (dreams/visions/supernatural things). He had nightmares where he would crash if he drove and all of his loved ones in the car would die. So because of his dreams, he’s too scared to drive. He also lost his grandma early high school and he likes that not driving is something that they can share and to remember her by.

I totally get why he doesn’t drive and why he doesn’t want to ever drive, but part of me still wishes that my significant other would be able to drive. I want to go on road trips and travel, but I don’t want to be the one driving the whole time... We’ve been together for almost 4 years now and I’m not willing to break things off with him, nor is he. We are very serious about each other so it really breaks my heart when I still want him to be able to drive when I know he can’t. How do I get over this?

EDIT: My boyfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship the whole time. He’s from Hawaii where his mom or his younger brother would drive him places. Currently he’s working in Japan where he doesn’t need a car for transportation. He’s not willing to get a license because he’s worried people would suggest he drives when he really doesn’t want to. But he’s willing to get a permit just in case of emergencies. I’d also like to add that everyone in Hawaii is super respectful of the spirits believe that they do exist(so he’s not crazy or anything).

TL;DR I have been the only driver for the last couple relationships and now I’m stuck in one where my boyfriend will never drive because of his superstition about driving due to spirits who haunted his family when he was younger.



Submitted June 29, 2020 at 04:24PM by LucyTheMoose https://ift.tt/38cTC0W
I (F23) can’t get over the fact my boyfriend (M23) will never drive. I (F23) can’t get over the fact my boyfriend (M23) will never drive. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.