So me and my current girlfriend who I love a lot have gotten into arguments over this past relationship I had when I was younger. (This is her first relationship) she says she doesn’t feel special because I’ve said similar things eg “I love you more than anything” to someone else and that I can’t understand how she hurts because of this. I try and tell her that she is special and that even though I said those things there’s a reason we broke up. Mind you this is at 14 years old, so although I said things like “I love you” etc etc it was obviously immature and doesn’t compare to how I feel for my current girlfriend. I answered all her questions honestly because I feel that’s important in maintaining a relationship. I then asked “what can I do to fix the situation” and she said nothing and that she just feels shocked that I’ve loved someone else before her and that I can’t understand how she feels. She said my words are meaningless to her now (she said this) and I replied with explaining that there are meaning and feelings behind the words that I’m saying to her and just because I’ve said things to someone before doesn’t invalidate how I feel for her now in this very moment. I don’t want her to hurt and I’m unsure if it’s what I’m doing, if I’m handling the situation wrong or that she is unable to see and is blinded by a “romantic” point of view on love and relationships
Tl;dr girlfriend is upset that I have loved someone a long time ago (while an adolescent/ teenager) and that she doesn’t feel special and that my words are meaningless now.
Submitted June 22, 2020 at 03:57PM by funnnnn1234 https://ift.tt/2NonspH


No comments:
Post a Comment