Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Anxiety around social interactions post COVID.

I know COVID is not technically over but I need a sounding board, or some advice, or someone who maybe feels the same to tell me this is okay.

I am a 27f. My city has just started to lift restrictions. I have barely seen anyone since March when everything closed. I was sent to work from home and have not really seen family of friends. I’ve chatted with a few friends with video chat though. I live with my partner and my SD visits a few days during the week and every second weekend. The most interactions I’ve done outside my partner and SD is seeing my dad and best friend on my birthday and seeing my partners family twice now for social distancing hangouts in their backyard.

I am normally a very social person and I love seeing people. Lately when I visit people or see them for a social distancing hang out, I feel extremely...off. I feel in my head. I get lethargic and immediately feel tired. I feel like I get symptoms of anxiety, like I get sweaty and shaky.

I also fumble over my words. It’s like I’ve forgotten how to socialize. I want to catch up so badly and I have so much to say or chat about that my brain and mouth just stop working.

It’s extremely not like me and I don’t know how to shake this feeling.

I don’t know why I feel like this because everything is fine. Yeah things are different in terms of work and social life for now but I’m not insanely worried about COVID for myself, more so for others, because I ensure I protect myself and my health is mostly good.

Blah. I just don’t know.

Thanks for reading if you got here.

TLDR; I have been awkward and anxious when visiting or hanging out with people. Mentally I feel fine and nothing is causing my anxiety, but when put in a social situation I’m anxious and awkward, jittery, and I can’t seem to calm myself.

Edit to add: I am aware that America is (unfortunately) a dumpster fire regarding COVID. I am not in America, if that helps clear anything up.

Second edit: I really appreciate all of the thoughtful and compassionate responses. COVID was completely unexpected and unprecedented and disrupted our normal lives. As terrible as COVID is and as bad social distancing can feel, it’s comforting to know that many people are in the same boat.



Submitted June 30, 2020 at 02:05PM by BooBack https://ift.tt/3dIMCdn
Anxiety around social interactions post COVID. Anxiety around social interactions post COVID. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.