My mother (f52 ) has been in a toxic/violent relationship for years but has been brainwashed into believing it is normal. What should I do
I ( 26 F ) am trying to get out of a very bad relationship, I ended up with a narcissist/stalker and without divulging every details , I ended up going to group therapy about domestic violence. I learned A lot about why I would let myself tolerate to be treated this bad.as time went , I started to have memory from my childood coming back. ( waiting after my psychologist to get through this )
And well all this learning and searching kinda led me to discover that my mother ( F 52 ) has been in violent relationships all my childhood & That my step father ( M50) is actually a TERRIBLE model.
Okay here's a few exemple of violence , I saw ( meaning it could be worse when im not there )
*He keep hitting , pinching her , not enought to break bones but enough to leave bruises. * he keeps degrading her and calling her name ( but always pretend it's a joke, even thought after 8 year she told him, repetitively ,she does not like that. ) * he lived at her expenses for years, without really working, all while making her work, during the week-ends.
I'm not saying my mother is an angel ( if you stay close to a rotten apple chance are you will rot too ) , but im not sure how to approach this subject with her or if I even want to. She's been brainwashed and conditioned at a very young age into believing, she's nothing but a basically a slave for men. For exemple , she does not consider what I went through as domestic violence ;or believe that I must have done something to deserve it. She's ALWAYS undermine what I feel/believe/studied; and even feels okay to insult me or watch her mother insult me. It's sad to write ,but she have not treated me very well , so you can understand she's most probably gonna say I'm wrong , instead of searching for the truth.
I will add that the house is in her partner name and she's taking care of her parents. So she cannot just " walk away " do I drop clue , do I just leave it there and accept my mom will forever victim blame ( including herself ) .
Tl;dr
I have went to group therapy and as time went memory from my childhood resurfaced. I have learned my mother has been in a violent relationship for years but she has been brainwashed since childhood , so she does not see how bad her situation is. We do not have the best relationship together and I don't know if I should talk to her about this or walk away.
Submitted June 22, 2020 at 10:13AM by kathzilla https://ift.tt/382DyPD


No comments:
Post a Comment