Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24F) roommate/landlord (51M) has suddenly become vegetarian and is limiting my use of the kitchen

He is my roommate but also owns the house. I've lived here for 2 years with no issues.

Last month, he suddenly decided to become vegetarian and now he is making new rules for me to follow.

Rule 1. I am no longer allowed to cook meat in any of the pots and pans, or eat meat in any of the plates or using any of the forks/spoons. If I want to cook meat, I have to buy my own pots, pans, plates, and cutlery, and keep them in a separate designated cabinet.

Rule 2. I cannot put any food containing meat in the kitchen fridge. I have to put it in a new small fridge that he has installed in the garage.

Rule 3. I cannot eat food containing meat in the dining room or living room unless he is not there. If he is around, I have to eat in my bedroom.

Is it just me or are these rules ridiculous? I have been living here for 2 years and never had to deal with anything like this. He didn't eat much meat, but he ate it on occasion, and whenever I ate it he never had a problem with it. Why is he changing everything at this point? I know he owns the house, but I am currently protected by eviction moratorium until the end of the year so should I just refuse to comply?


tl;dr: My roommate is limiting my use of the kitchen due to his dietary preferences.



Submitted June 26, 2020 at 11:37AM by OutsidePassion2 https://ift.tt/2VmlbQy
My (24F) roommate/landlord (51M) has suddenly become vegetarian and is limiting my use of the kitchen My (24F) roommate/landlord (51M) has suddenly become vegetarian and is limiting my use of the kitchen Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.