Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I think my boyfriend (20M) is going through an acute mental health crisis but he won't listen to me (19F)

For some context: I've been dating him for over two and a half years now. To be honest, when I first started dating him I had no idea the amount of compromise and hardships that would ensue. I am banned from his house on account of not being Muslim, have been blocked on all social media by his family on Christmas day, among many other literally insane things that have happened to me by his family.

Lately, my boyfriend hasn't been sleeping more than 4 hours a night and is constantly on edge. He's been snapping on me for hours over small things like me sending a skull emoji because he was ignoring my texts, or me putting "... okay" instead of just the word "okay". One night I took him for sushi, and a small argument happened in the car- he claimed that he had told me something, and I knew for a fact he hadn't. When I stood my ground the argument ensued. He started driving incredibly erratically and I was very scared- so I told him to stop, to which he said: "Don't worry I'm a good driver" (for the record, I almost died in a wreck back in December- and I'm still dealing with the physical effects from that crash). He's come over this week a couple of times and just slept for hours on my couch while I did other things, or he's canceled last minute on group plans and then made quips about him being excluded.

In fact, during one of our arguments, he told me I was speaking disrespectfully to him, and I politely brought up how he's told me to "shut the fuck up" in the past but I understood it was in the heat of the moment and not meant in a disrespectful way. He proceeded to tell me that I was the reason he HAD to say that to me and that if he was in my position, he'd try to think about what drove the other person to say "shut the fuck up". That's.. really toxic and I was sure to tell him "no, you have to take responsibility for your own words and no one else can make you say something regardless of how mad you are". I've also tried to tell him I was worried about him, and that I think he should go to counseling, and he responded by saying "oh so you're saying I'm crazy, I'm depressed, I'm this I'm that" instead of understanding that I was coming from a good place.

What do I do Reddit? I feel like I've exhausted most options, and the constant fighting hasn't stopped. I'm exhausted and he doesn't seem to care about me or that I'm hurting. I don't know what to do, and I'm sorry if this isn't the most coherent post- it's been a long couple of weeks.

TLDR: Boyfriend doesn't seem to care about me, isn't sleeping, and is getting irrationally upset over very small interactions. I don't know what to do or how to move forward



Submitted June 26, 2020 at 11:23AM by plantloverthrowaway1 https://ift.tt/31qZpyH
I think my boyfriend (20M) is going through an acute mental health crisis but he won't listen to me (19F) I think my boyfriend (20M) is going through an acute mental health crisis but he won't listen to me (19F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.