Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24) ex wife (27) and I have constant disputes via text and phone calls. Is it wrong to tell her I am limiting conversation to in person only?

Backstory: married and divorced, with a 3 years old daughter. She's awesome, and we're both great parents. Custody favors me, but that's for selfless reasons on her mother's part. Basically, great woman.

We had a messy marriage and we were both toxic to each other, so there's still a lot of pent up aggression. When we are face to face speaking, we read body language and also the fact that we're speaking directly to a real person leads very genuine conversation. We have this phenomenal co parenting relationship, except when we have to communicate anything that could result in conflict through texting or calling. It seems like there is no context to what we're saying and it's easy to yell into a phone or type angry things. Honestly, it drains me mentally. Not to push blame because I understand I am 100% biased towards myself, but it's mainly her who raised her voice or starts being petty over text the second I say something that she doesn't want to hear and it becomes more of a pissing contest than two parents trying to raise a kid together.

All that said, I texted her and apologized for my part in the escalation of an argument we had today (because I definitely did play a role in it), but that from now on I would only speak to her about these things in person. We don't live far from each other, I'm not asking her to come to a meeting point I designate, I'm willing to work with her to meet her half way, or even go the full way, to sit down and be adults about things.

Am I wrong for this?

TL;DR Ex wife is very confrontational over text and phone calls meaning we argue about how to raise our daughter. In person she is completely fine and we can easily come to agreements. Am I wrong for telling her I would only speak to her in person now?



Submitted June 22, 2020 at 02:52PM by Dyeith95 https://ift.tt/2zV7FvD
My (24) ex wife (27) and I have constant disputes via text and phone calls. Is it wrong to tell her I am limiting conversation to in person only? My (24) ex wife (27) and I have constant disputes via text and phone calls. Is it wrong to tell her I am limiting conversation to in person only? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 22, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.