I am at a loss. Saturday I (32F) came home from work and my husband (36M) told me he feels hollow, that the past few weeks he’s been home (work shut down due to COVID19) he’s been thinking on it and he has never loved me. He says he cares for me and I am his best friend but something in him is broken. He said he figured if he could love anyone it’d be me so he tried to force it but he feels like a liar and a fake.
I begged him to stay and go to counseling with me (which in hindsight I see that’s what everyone says not to do). He agreed to try and work on it, we immediately signed up for virtual counseling.
Fast forward to Tuesday. My son (his stepson, 13M) was at my brother’s and my husband was home alone. He took the opportunity to pack and leave. He said nothing to me. He texted me throughout the day as if nothing was wrong. I came home ready to start our first counseling appointment and he was gone.
He left me and my son both notes. Mine basically said it’s not my fault, he’s broken and he needs space. I have not read my son’s, neither has he (by his own choosing).
He’s texted a few times. I know he went back north (19 hours away to our hometown) because his twin sister texted me to let me know he’s ok.
We have been together for six years and married for 2 1/2. I keep wracking my brain for signs that this was going to happen. My son’s biological father abandoned him at a young age and my husband is the only father he’s known. My heart is breaking for him, but I’m trying my best to stay strong and function for him.
I am heartbroken. I am trying to give him space but I want nothing more than to hug him and help him through this. I am so worried for him. I love him, I want to be with him. I don’t know what to do or if this is even salvageable.
TL;DR - My husband abruptly told me he’s never loved me and left. I don’t know what to do.
Edit: typos
Submitted April 22, 2020 at 02:03PM by lagingerosnap https://ift.tt/2VxGkrr


No comments:
Post a Comment