Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Brother wants to move in with me in a rural area from NYC because of his anxiety -> Don't feel comfortable but feel as though my brother and mom are trying to manipulate me

My brother (23M) and rest of family members are in NYC right now while I (22F) am in my college home in a rural area. My brother clearly suffers from severe anxiety and being a hypochondriac, he is extremely anxious about getting the disease and it is literally ruining him. My mom asked me to consider letting him stay with me in the rural area to help him with his anxiety (him being out of the city = less anxiety they say). My mom and brother say he is miserable depressed sad, etc. and honestly we are all like that. I have anxiety and depression so I am not ignoring his mental health, but instead I feel like he needs to work through it from home and not find a cop out. However, I don't really feel comfortable with him coming to me for many reasons:

  1. He is coming from the epicenter and I don't want to get sick or bring it to my small rural town.
  2. I am working and in classes 24/7 I don't have time to entertain a guest
  3. I quite frankly don't want to enable his anxiety anymore. By letting him come here I am not helping him get through this instead I'm just giving him a way to ignore this anxiety. If he stays in the city he will be okay and get through it and he needs to know that.
  4. Him and I fight excessively. He is awful to me, mean to me and makes me feel awful about myself 24/7. He constantly yells at me and I cannot even imagine being with him. I spent my whole life with him being called fat and degrading comments.
  5. I have two roommates who have left all their stuff here and temporarily moved out back home and I would have to ask them. I have a feeling they wouldn't be comfortable with it either. My mom insists I don't tell them, but I already have a shaky history with them (especially recently) so I would rather not go behind their backs.

I know if I say no my mom and brother will call me an awful person and imply that I don't care about him. Which that isn't it, I just really can't imagine having him live with me right now. My dad thinks I am right in my reasons for not wanting him here and thinks that my brother is being ridiculous and my mom is babying him. I feel awful I don't know what to do, any advice is appreciated.

TLDR: Brother wants to live with me for a while to escape the city & corona virus during the pandemic, but I don't feel comfortable or want this for many reasons.



Submitted April 26, 2020 at 11:43AM by pre_doo_med https://ift.tt/2Y9izrq
Brother wants to move in with me in a rural area from NYC because of his anxiety -> Don't feel comfortable but feel as though my brother and mom are trying to manipulate me Brother wants to move in with me in a rural area from NYC because of his anxiety -> Don't feel comfortable but feel as though my brother and mom are trying to manipulate me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.