Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My parents threaten to kill me so I don’t move out and I am terrified of them

I am 21F and my parents are 57M and 47F. I recently got accepted to cal state long beach with a financial package that would cover everything and a little more, as well as having a part time job and over 10k in personal savings and no debt whatsoever. I want to leave but they’re Egyptian and think treating me like property is okay and telling them I’m moving out is like I’m telling them I’m going to become a prostitute. I already committed to long beach, talking to multiple people about rooms for rent and found a really promising one that I’m meeting virtually this Saturday and have the means to transport myself from Irvine (where I am rn) to long beach. I was thinking of telling my parents 5 days before I leave but telling them I’m leaving in two weeks but I’m afraid they’ll refuse to give me my legal documents(I’m a permanent resident and need to have my passport at all times because we’re becoming citizens soon) and try to stop me from leaving by blocking me from the door, shouting at me till I crumble, start hitting me, or very possibly kill me. I’m scared and I have been working very hard these past 3 years in community College to get a 4.00 GPA and save up as much as I can. They have never paid for my education in community College but they did drive me to school. I don’t want to stay because they are extremely controlling and even now I have to ask permission before I leave to walk the dog for 45 mins and I’m not even allowed to leave our apartment complex, as well as having an extremely strict curfew of 7 pm that I can extremely rarely stretch out to 9 pm.

I’m tired of living here and I am 100% set on leaving and got everything planned already but I am genuinely terrified of dying or not getting my documents, as well as the emotional trauma of having them explode in my face about how I’m not fit for this (they both lived in the dorms when they were in College but their parents paid for everything, my cousin also lives off campus alone so the idea isn’t new to them they just like treating me like their slave)

TL;DR I have the means to move out but I’m scared of my oppressive parents

Edit: Hello again, does anyone have solutions that don’t involve the cops? I was thinking maybe we could just talk nicely or as nicely as possible because destroying them like that seems like it would be a little too much on my conscience



Submitted April 28, 2020 at 06:06PM by kafkascockroachgrace https://ift.tt/2zBaKAk
My parents threaten to kill me so I don’t move out and I am terrified of them My parents threaten to kill me so I don’t move out and I am terrified of them Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.