Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (26m) doesn't take me seriously until I (20m) get mad (then he gets upset)

My boyfriend and I have been together just about a year and things are mostly great! Something that has been biting at me recently though is that he doesn't take me seriously when he does something that frustrates or bothers me.

For example: I can't stand when he picks at my acne. I have REALLY sensitive skin and its hurts a shit ton. I'm usually cool with it for a little bit though because I pick at his too. Usually when I tell him to stop though he won't.. I'll be like "hey that hurts. No more please!" And he'll say "No it doesn't" and keep going.. The first couple times I laugh it off. Usually the 3rd or 4th time I'll be fed up and genuinely mad and tell him "DO NOT pick at my skin anymore!" And he gets upset that I got mad at him. Then he's pouty for the rest of the evening.

This is just one example, but he does this with other stuff too. (Mostly teasing, name calling, etc. I know it's playful but it still hurts sometimes). I'll tell him what he's doing is hurting me or makes me uncomfortable and he usually laughs it off because "its teasing" or he "doesn't really mean it". And he'll NEVER apologize.

Tbh it just makes me feel like I'm the one in the wrong for getting mad, or that I'm being too sensitive, or something. I just hate hurting people's feelings and feel awful when I do. And I'll ask "Are you upset?" And he just says "Doesn't matter" And ignore me the rest of the night

I really feel in the wrong here for upsetting him, but he won't listen when I tell him to stop what's making me uncomfortable in the first place. Am I in the wrong?

TL:DR My boyfriend won't take me seriously when I tell him he's making me uncomfortable/upset. The only time he does is when I get angry, then he gets really hurt because I got mad.



Submitted April 28, 2020 at 12:44AM by bananaleif https://ift.tt/2W7iPEE
My boyfriend (26m) doesn't take me seriously until I (20m) get mad (then he gets upset) My boyfriend (26m) doesn't take me seriously until I (20m) get mad (then he gets upset) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.