Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Closest friend (23/M) is engaged to his girlfriend of less than 4 months; wants me to be his best man

Hey guys, I’ve got a real issue here I need to get off my chest; even if it’s just confirmation or a different perspective.

So my friend whom I I’ve known for most of my life recently got engaged to his girlfriend this February (as it was a leap year she followed the tradition and did the proposing...). Since they’ve announced the engagement I can’t help but feel that it’s all a fallacy.

Before the proposal my friend and his girlfriend met at work and had been together for less than 4 months (right now during quarantine they’re both living with my friend’s parents) and I like to think that my friend is someone I know well enough to the point where I realise that he’s the type of person to ‘bend over’ for any new girl he’s dating or in a relationship with, this has happened before when he disappeared off of my radar in his last relationship; which ended with his GF cheating.

I digress; he assured me that they’ve ‘thought this through with a lot of thought and planning (like every other engagement turned break up hasn’t before...) and I can’t help but think long term he is making a big mistake with a girl he has known for less than a year.

He is aware of my stance on committing too early at such a young age but I haven’t told him my opinion yet as he’s m closest friend and I don’t want him to feel hurt (which is my other dilemma). Do I express my major concern over his decision and risk jeopardising our friendship or do I leave him to learn from his own mistakes.

I try to stay open minded and think that for alI know they could turn out well and life happily. But given that they’re both young and his track record of his choice in women (dated a 19 y/o mother of 3 that was a massive weed head) I can’t help but think that he’s just fearful of being alone and that is what the driving factor in his decisions are.

TL;DR - friend I’ve known for 20 years is engaged to girl he’s been with for less than 4 months, he has a bad track record with decision in women and I don’t know whether I should tell him that I think engagement this early is a bad decision or to let him learn from his own mistakes



Submitted April 26, 2020 at 05:45PM by Alpha7Recon https://ift.tt/3cUMRSR
Closest friend (23/M) is engaged to his girlfriend of less than 4 months; wants me to be his best man Closest friend (23/M) is engaged to his girlfriend of less than 4 months; wants me to be his best man Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.