Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

BF and I share a birthday next week but he is refusing to "share" it with me

My boyfriend (26M) and I (24F) share a birthday. We've been together 4 months and have been quarantining together since it is going really well. Our birthday is coming up next week and I feel like I'm learning something kind of ugly about him.

I assumed we'd spend a little time video chatting with his family and friends the day of and a little time chatting with mine. When I asked him how he wanted to split the day, he got visibly sad. Apparently, he had forgotten that we share a birthday and, since he's an only child, he is accustomed to his family giving him an entire week dedicated to him. Parents take off work, they travel wherever he wants, etc. Even in adulthood. My family, on the other hand, doesn't do much to celebrate birthdays so I usually just get ice cream with a couple close friends and my family or something.

I won't go into the details of our arguments so far, but ultimately, he is willing to compromise on having a birthday week to just giving him the day of to do exactly what he wants. He said I could have the day after and he wouldn't talk to his friends or family that day. I appreciate that he is willing to compromise but I know it is unreasonable to ask me not to talk to my friends and family on my birthday, and I just couldn't care less if he doesn't speak to his on "my day".

This is coming as a surprise to me since he does not act spoiled or controlling about anything else in our relationship and loves my friends and family. He just seems to be really weird about his birthday. I know he's in the wrong because this is so weird. I'm asking for input on how to overcome this with him. What would you do if you were me?

TL;DR- My boyfriend and I have the same birthday, he is really weirdly territorial of it and is begging me to dedicate the entire day to him, not talk to my friends and family, in return he will "give" me the next day.



Submitted April 29, 2020 at 04:55PM by Banana_Manilow https://ift.tt/3f7opPR
BF and I share a birthday next week but he is refusing to "share" it with me BF and I share a birthday next week but he is refusing to "share" it with me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.