Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Does anyone else have to deal with family members giving you too many things? I need some help! I feel like the local Goodwill at this point.

So basically my MIL and her parents treat my husband and I (we have 3 kids) as their personal junk drop off spot. They are constantly giving us their old shit because they think we will use it. Examples include:

  1. His grandad "gifting" us about 100+ VHS tapes of recorded tv shows from the 90's plus two old entertainment centers that housed them.
  2. Bags and bags of old clothes that his grandmother thinks I or my mother will wear.. shes about 100 pounds heavier than us and literally no way we could wear them.
  3. My MIL has recently been cleaning out her closets and cabinets and has sent 3 full bags of clothes (10+ years old) for me and my husband to go through. Plus 2 huge boxes of actual junk and old trophies that belonged to my husband who hasn't lived in that house for over 10 years.

The list goes on but those are the most recent examples. I'm trying my hardest just to keep my house clean and somewhat organized. We've both been going through our things and throwing stuff away ourselves. Now I have more work to do by throwing their stuff away for them. How do I convey to them that we just dont want their old stuff? Saying no hasn't worked. I've repeatedly said no thank and ended up leaving with bags and boxes full of 45 year old trinkets and nick nacks.

TL;DR how to nicely but firmly let my family know we dont want their old junk? We've become our families personal junk drop off and it's gotten to the point of actually making me mad. They dont take no for an answer.



Submitted April 27, 2020 at 02:15PM by Cmogolowfoyo https://ift.tt/3eXaLif
Does anyone else have to deal with family members giving you too many things? I need some help! I feel like the local Goodwill at this point. Does anyone else have to deal with family members giving you too many things? I need some help! I feel like the local Goodwill at this point. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.