Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25M] girlfriend [27F] keeps bringing up me joining her family’s phone plan. I don’t want to at this point and it’s leading to arguments.

I moved to my own phone bill after college, as a way to build up my credit. After a few years on it I’ve built it into my finances and I can handle it easily - it’s about $112 per month after recently upgrading to unlimited and a new phone.

My girlfriend is on her family’s plan, and claims that it’s about $100 TOTAL, so after I pay my part it would save like 50 bucks a month.

The problem is I like being on my own plan. I’m a relatively independent person, and like the idea that I control my phone habits, not my girlfriend’s dad. Even if it does mean saving money.

Tonight was like the fourth or fifth argument we’ve had over the past several months regarding this, as I’ve told her numerous times I want to stay on my own plan until we’re engaged or married, and she says that by not joining their plan I’m being financially irresponsible because I could be saving money every month instead of “pissing” it away.

Is it so wrong to want to be independent in this area? We’re not engaged, and I don’t know 100% if I’m ready to make that commitment. I feel like doing this locks me into this relationship even more and if I ever want to break it off it’ll be impossible.

TL;DR: girlfriend is aggressively pushing for me to join her family’s phone plan. I don’t want to, and it’s creating P R O B L E M S

Quick edit: we’ve been together for three years, and have been living together for almost two.



Submitted April 22, 2020 at 05:41PM by SemperInvicta https://ift.tt/3555MaU
My [25M] girlfriend [27F] keeps bringing up me joining her family’s phone plan. I don’t want to at this point and it’s leading to arguments. My [25M] girlfriend [27F] keeps bringing up me joining her family’s phone plan. I don’t want to at this point and it’s leading to arguments. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 22, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.