Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I help my boyfriend as the lockdown ruins his life?

I (25f) have been dating my boyfriend (27m) for 2 years. We recently moved in together, and quarantine has only made me more sure about this relationship.

Around the same time we started dating, he and a few friends started a business. He put all of his savings into it, gave up a stable career, and dedicated his live to getting it off the ground. Before the shutdown they were working with many large companies and had 60+ employees relying on them.

Unfortunately, the lockdown has essentially halted the business. Most of the large contracts have been canceled. Some of their smaller customers have gone solvent, and cannot pay back for work completed. It’s nasty, and my BF’s company is going to have to fire around 20 people next week.

He’s absolutely devastated. This is his life’s work, passion, and income dying around him slowly. Everyday he comes home from work sadder and sadder. I know many of his employees are close friends with families relying on this income during the shut down. He keeps blaming himself for what’s happening and worrying about the future. In addition, almost all of his personal wealth is tied up in the company. This means that if the company closes he’s going to lose near everything.

I just don’t know how to comfort and help. I’m trying to be supportive as possible, but it’s really hard right now. I’ve made it clear that I’m staying with him through this and love him.

Is there anything I can do to make his life better? Even little things just to distract from his anxiety for a while.

TLDR: My boyfriend run’s a business that is dying due to the lockdown. I’m looking for ways to comfort and support him in this time.



Submitted April 22, 2020 at 03:41PM by tc-interests https://ift.tt/2xTHYdH
How can I help my boyfriend as the lockdown ruins his life? How can I help my boyfriend as the lockdown ruins his life? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 22, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.