Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (26M) don't want to keep in contact with my step family now that my mom (68F) has passed.

A bit of backstory is needed:So my dad left me and my mom when I was around 4, and my mom sort of rushed her way into a new marriage. When I was around 6 she re-married to a nice enough guy, who had 2 kids of his own a girl and boy who were 6 (girl) and 4 (boy) at the time. They spent 3 weeks at our place and 1 week at their mom's place. It was always an awkward situation cause we met maybe 3 times before our parents got married, I think they were both had young children and wanted them to have a father/mother figure in their lives. They were never bad to me and sure we had dumb kid fights but nothing really serious, I did always feel like the odd man out and I didn't like it. Like for example they had their own things they'd do and play with each other and just flat out refuse to include me. Or would be watching a show or something and turn it off and leave the area if I came. Or they would flat out say that I'm not one of them and to just stop trying (this went on until we were like 16 and 14 and I just stopped interacting with them all together). There was no big fight or anything but at 19 I moved out and kinda went low contact. I didn't NEED to see them and could get away with just 1 visit for christmas to go see my mom.

I am 26 now and live with my GF across the country from where my mom and step dad live. Sadly my mom passed away about 5 months ago, we already had the funeral and I picked up all the sentimental items with me. I only really kept in touch with that side of the "family" for my mom and now that she's sadly gone I don't feel a reason to continue to see them. Its hard enough keeping money tied down and flying out to see people I'm not the fondest of doesn't really seem good at this point. I told my GF my plan that we will no longer be going over there for christmas and she is saying that I'm gonna regret this and wishes for me to re-consider.

Advice on all of this or what I should do?

TL;DR:I am not close and have little to no bond with any of my step family and now that my mom has passed I don't feel a need to keep in contact with any of them.



Submitted April 22, 2020 at 08:25PM by Step_siblingAITA https://ift.tt/2S15fRO
I (26M) don't want to keep in contact with my step family now that my mom (68F) has passed. I (26M) don't want to keep in contact with my step family now that my mom (68F) has passed. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 23, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.